Secure mutually beneficial partnerships between the University and business/industry, non-profits, educational institutions, and governmental agencies at the local, regional, state, national, and global levels.
- Strengthen the University’s reputation as a visible, reliable, and present body in addressing the most pressing immediate and long-term public needs;
- Continue dialogue and discussions with the community to assess needs and issues concerning the University;
- Engage community members in key decision-making boards and review committees pertaining to the establishment of engagement policies and programs;
- Participate in and give support to community-sponsored events and activities;
- Develop and formalize short- and long-range plans and action steps for securing community enhancement and development;
- Network existing community programs to encourage greater collaboration, sharing of resources, and leveraging of organizational capacities through the cultivation of Engagement Zones.