Institute strategies that promote a robust range of community
engagement experiences that are academically integrated and
incorporate high quality practices.
- Support the development of programs that facilitate students’ abilities to participate in increasingly advanced engagement opportunities that build on their prior experiences;
- Offer engagement merit scholarships to students who exhibit extraordinary civic leadership or potential for marked growth through community engagement;
- Develop a set of opportunities across disciplines for students at all levels to have educational experiences in environments that are different from their own as a means to build their competence as global citizens and leaders;
- Cultivate and garner support for more courses that build students’ capacities to conduct community-based research and research in the public interest;
- Develop a University-wide strategy or initiative that makes engagement an important part of every student’s educational experience;
- Cultivate and garner support for more discipline-based service-learning courses.