Establish a set of systems for accounting and assessing the broad range of engagement activities, programs, and initiatives across the University.
- Identify and review current approaches that units, departments, and programs are using to assess the scale and scope of their engagement initiatives;
- Identify areas where engagement data can be aggregated across programs and units;
- Work with the Office for Institutional Research and other appropriate units to identify places in which engagement survey items can be inserted into existing questionnaires and data collection processes;
- Mine existing institutional data to document the impacts of engagement and identify gaps in knowledge;
- Establish an agenda for measuring specific longitudinal impacts and trend outcomes of engagement as they pertain to students, faculty, the community, departments, and the University;
- Work with national organizations and networks to identify, revise, and test benchmarking tools for engagement institutionalization;
- Create a repository of instruments that can enhance units’ abilities to measure the impacts of engagement;
- Disseminate findings about engagement participation and outcomes to a variety of audiences in ways that are useful.