The Twin Cities Public Engagement Action Plan Work Group's charge is to recalibrate the Twin Cities campus' public engagement agenda and develop a set of action steps for furthering the institutionalization of reciprocal, public engagement over the next five years. The action plan will incorporate recommendations and goals identified in the following sources:
- public engagement-related goals contained in the Twin Cities ten-year strategic plan: Driving Tomorrow;
- Campus Compact 30th Anniversary Action Statement of Presidents and Chancellors (signed by President Kaler);
- recommendations for advancing public engagement-related policies, infrastructure, and culture, submitted by participants of the systemwide conference, Meeting Grand Challenges through Community-Engaged Research and Teaching;
- recommendations for improvement, contained in the Twin Cities Carnegie Community Engagement Classification review report;
- faculty recommendations on improving faculty rewards for engaged scholars; and,
- recommendations submitted by academic units, centers, and individuals.
The work of the Twin Cities Public Engagement Action Plan Work Group builds on the work conducted as a result of the University's Ten-Point Plan for Advancing and Institutionalizing Public Engagement. Produced in 2008, the Ten-Point Plan articualtes a set of action steps designed to secure the full integration of public engagement at the University of Minnesota.
Work Group Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, September 21, 9-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 19, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 16, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 18, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 8, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 1, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 29, 9-10:30 am
- Wednesday, April 19, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 10, 9-10:30 a.m.
Stakeholder Feedback Sessions
|Wed., March 8||Noon-1:30 p.m.||Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center||Click Here||Not Available|
|Tues., March 21||9-10:30 a.m.||Recreation and Wellness Center Room 6||Click Here||Click Here|
|Fri., March 24||1:30-3 p.m.||Recreation and Wellness Center Room 6||Click Here||Click Here|