The Office for Public Engagement (OPE) is seeking applications for the MacJannet Prize for Global Citizenship, an international award recognizing exceptional programs that promote student community engagement and community service. In addition to international recognition, the award provides financial support (up to $7,500) for furthering the program's community engagement initiatives.
Sponsored by the Talloires Network and the MacJannet Foundation, the prize accepts up to two applications per institution. OPE will oversee an award committee to review applications from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus. The international award is selected based on the following criteria:
- Recognize and encourage exceptional student community engagement and community service;
- Financially support the ongoing work of university-based civic initiatives;
- Elevate innovative civic engagement program models and disseminate them throughout the Network as examples of promising practices;
- Strengthen public support for the global civic engagement movement in higher education;
- Champion the values and extend the legacy of Donald and Charlotte MacJannet, who devoted their lives to fostering international understanding; and
- Promote action around the principles of the Talloires Declaration, which recommends steps to elevate the civic engagement of universities around the world.
The deadline for applications to OPE is Monday, January 25. Guidelines and the nomination form are available on the Talloires Network website. Email the completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and additional information, please contact Amber Cameron (email@example.com) in OPE.