The Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA) connects the resources of the University of Minnesota with the interests and needs of urban communities and the region for the benefit of all.
CURA pursues its urban and regional mission by facilitating and supporting connections between state and local governments, neighborhoods, and nonprofit organizations, and relevant resources at the University, including faculty and students from appropriate campuses, colleges, centers or departments. CURA delivers timely and innovative research and technical assistance, offering solutions to critical issues by working to:
- Collaborate with communities and agencies to define and address their research and technical assistance needs
- Assist faculty to produce high-quality, applied research on critical issues
- Expand the education and professional experience of students through applied research projects
- Disseminate research to the community, policy makers, and academics
- Convene public events for the discussion of issues, the exploration of policy alternatives, and the identification of new research opportunities.